Please read the following carefully as they address how we’ll engage with one another.
Your privacy is critically important to us. We want to assure you that we respect your data protection rights.
Who we are
This Statement of Privacy applies to https://betterneighborlab.com, and Better Neighbor Lab and governs data collection and usage. By using the Better Neighbor Lab website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
What personal data we collect, and why we collect it
To better offer and deliver our products and services, Better Neighbor Lab may collect personally identifiable information, such as your: First and Last Name, E-mail Address, Phone Number, and Mailing Address. If you purchase any Better Neighbor Lab products and/or services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services.
These may include:
- (a) subscribing to our mailing list, or otherwise registering for an account;
- (b) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services.
- (c) sending us an email message;
They may also, but are WAAY less likely to include:
- (d) entering sweepstakes or contests sponsored by us or one of our partners;
- (e) signing up for special offers from selected third parties;
We will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
How we use your personal info
Better Neighbor Lab collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
Better Neighbor Lab may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Better Neighbor Lab and its partners.
Who we share your data with
Nobody. Better Neighbor Lab does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
That said. Better Neighbor Lab may share data with trusted partners (like our go-tos ActiveCampaign, Calendly, and ThriveSuite) to send you email or postal mail, provide the requested services, deliver customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Better Neighbor Lab, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Better Neighbor Lab may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Better Neighbor Lab or the site;
- (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Better Neighbor Lab; and/or
- (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Better Neighbor Lab, or the public.
Tracking user behavior
We’ve decided not to help Google stalk you and as such, we use privacy-focused analytics to track unique anonymous visits. No digital inventory is created from your use of this space and we do not collect or track your tastes, habits, or browsing history on this site other than our knowledge of specific products and services that you opt-in to yourself.
Your opt-in data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Better Neighbor Lab to customers who specifically indicate that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically collected information
Anonymized information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Better Neighbor Lab.
This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain the quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the Better Neighbor Lab website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Comments and Reviews
When visitors leave comments or reviews on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we secure your personal information
Better Neighbor Lab takes several precautions to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure using the following methods:
- TLS (Transport Layer Security) Website Protocol
- Stripe Payment Gateway
TLS the successor of the now-deprecated Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
— Transport Layer Security, Wikipedia
When sensitive personal information (such as credit card numbers) is provided, the information is protected through the use of encryption via the Stripe payment gateway. No credit card information is stored on our website properties. We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that:
- there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and
- security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed.
What rights you have over your data
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any of our service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
📌 Please note we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Otherwise perform a contract between you and us such as:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children under thirteen
Better Neighbor Lab does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
If you have opted-in to our audience via an opt-in form, scheduled a meeting, purchased a product, or otherwise agreed to be contacted, from time to time, Better Neighbor Lab will contact you via email for the purpose of sharing information, or providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Better Neighbor Lab or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Better Neighbor Lab, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE link in all of our emails.
Changes to this statement
- (b) agreement to abide and be bound by that Policy.
Better Neighbor Lab welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Better Neighbor Lab has not adhered to this Statement, please contact us at:
Better Neighbor Lab
PO Box 11516
Portland, OR 97211
Effective as of: August 11, 2023